With the world’s principal network of dedicated investigative professionals and lawyers, Baretzky & Partners Global Consulting team provides guidance on all due diligence in compliance, regulatory and crisis scenarios.
“Our experience and experts in the world’s key regions enables us to deploy multi-disciplinary, cross-border examinations and Investigations to deal with every shade of corporate, regulatory and internal investigation.”
We encompass the use of specialized white collar crime and regulatory dedicated investigative lawyers, and former regulators, government attorneys and prosecutors, our multi-disciplinary and cross-border team can deal with all kinds of investigation, in particular relating to bribery and corruption, fraud, money laundering, market abuse, tax evasion, product liability, labor law issues, sanctions breaches and anti-competitive behavior; we regularly manage complex cross-border investigations and asset recovery exercises and we can assist to prepare for and respond to cyber-attack.
Baretzky & Partners Consulting Team can respond to challenges of any size, tailoring individual teams to facilitate the needs of our clients. We are committing to providing services of the highest integrity and quality (including but not limited to data management) and to do so cost effectively and efficiently.
We are one of a few international consulting firms with a dedicated and substantial global Investigations team with proven ability to share expertise and resources across our global consulting platform. Our local advisors in the US, the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia have deep experience and resources in handling cyber regulatory and internal investigations for multinational companies with operations and businesses spread across the globe.
The Baretzky & Partners Management Team focus on Governance and Compliance. Our Cyber Consulting practice focuses exclusively on matters of Risk Compliance related to Cyber crime, Business Intelligence (BI) that is cross border related. In recent past, corporate failings around the world due to impact of terror-attacks, cyber\-threats and international crime have been tied directly to Corporate Governance Failures which manifest as a general lack of accountability, C-Level Officers commitment to transparency, and a general failure of their strategies.
As the direct result of those failures the public and global law enforcement have agreed that there today is an emerging need for corporate and financial institutions to prove their transparency and ethical operations.
To prove this through new policies and governance procedures which demonstrate better discipline, control and responsibility. This need has been fully embraced by regulators and other stakeholders who now demand these controls to protect their investments as business risks are on the increase globally.
Our investigative legal advisors are available to you during every step of the process in the criminal justice system. We also assist clients, many from overseas, in filing complaints with the European authorities where they have been the victim of a cyber crime and need to act to ensure that the matter is brought to the attention of the correct government agency.
The Governance “Failure to keep on Top of Things” and comply with existing and emerging regulations can today jeopardize your business reputations and livelihoods. Do you ask yourself “How robust is my governance, risk and compliance program in my business ? ”. Are your policies and systems sufficiently robust to ward off the risk of a threat such as fraud, data breach or insider threats?
Financial risks have probably never been more acute but the increasing threats such as insider threats, cyber terror data loss and Geo-location threats associated with political instability, terror and crime can risks your capital reserves, credit portfolios, investment policies, and capital and debt profiles which with out doubt demand all a constant scrutiny to adequately manage and mitigate risk.
When cash is tight the Fraud risks increases as well and this is fully demonstrated by data leaks in recent times. Employees that become more opportunistic, insider threats whilst external hackers more resourceful. Your Adversaries and insider-threats find the smallest security loopholes and governance failures and they strike when you least expect it. This leveraging vendor failures in software and governance products exposes your underbelly to any and all attacks. Your businesses adversaries and disgruntled employees have become a critical mass.
Continuity in the Supply Chain:
We cannot leave out the risks and vigilance necessary associated with presented by suppliers. Defaults on a contract by a counter-party whose business collapses or go insolvent, can have serious financial and reputation ramifications for connected parties and your business.
Audits and Transparency:
With all these demands, internal and external multi-disciplinary audits are often elevated in many companies from pure compliance to a function that regularly reviews the risk profile for emerging risks and identifies trends as it keep its finger on the pulse of business performance. Unnoticed by many the CRO (Chief Risk Officer) becomes increasingly involved in the strategic decisions making process where the emphasis is as much on risk as it is on growth.
We listen to you. We think about your issues. We act confidentially and effectively to achieve your objectives.
Baretzky & Partners team works side-by-side with our compliance specialists to assist multinational companies to conduct innovative proactive compliance reviews, develop effective compliance programmes to control risk, train employees, create monitoring and auditing procedures, and devise strategies for remedial action. This innovative approach sets us apart from traditional investigation practices.
Our services include:
- Reputational Due Diligence checks, by conducting enhanced DEPSINT investigative research and discreet field inquiries, providing information on the reputation and integrity of individuals and/or corporations.
- Insider Threat detections such as Cyber Fraud and Corporate Investigations, by mobilizing highly qualified, multi-disciplinary teams anywhere in the world to investigate alleged misconduct.
- Brand protection and Integrity, for resolving a wide variety of brand veracity issues through strategic brand protection, counterfeit and intellectual property investigations using DEPSINT.
- Risk Mitigation and Consulting, by swiftly responding to serious threats or crises in a coordinated manner, directly influencing the financial survival and market reputation of an organization or company.
End users investigation for law enforcement and lawyers, investigators and corporations.
(We are FEMA Certification Cyber Law and White Collar Crime (AWR-168-W) and FEMA Certification in Digital Forensics (AWR-139-W) and FEMA Certification in Information Risk Management ( IRM )AWR-177-W) amongst others.
Our core investigatory and compliance services include:
- Subject matter, sector based or country orientated external of cross border investigations.
- Internal investigations, regulatory investigations and criminal investigations.
- Risk reviews, regulatory risk gap analysis and proactive compliance strategy audits.
- Compliance strategies that keep exposure to a minimum.
- Mitigating business interruption, economic loss and reputational damage.
- Expert insight into the latest regulatory developments, investigation ‘hot spots’ and enforcement trends.
- Response to contentious and non-contentious regulatory and contractual issues.
- Crisis management.
- Training global teams to respond effectively to regulatory intervention, including raid training.
- Crypto currency theft and scams Investigations.
- Track and Trace of Assets and recovery.
- PCI and AML Compliance and Certification in jurisdiction.
“94% Of All Our Clients Are Victims Of Cyber-Hacking, Cyber Crimes and Crypto scams”